Saturday, November 7, 2009

Aiki kids



Kai has been attending aikido classes for a few months now (off and on), and is getting quite confident. The Sensei is quite impressed with how quickly he picks up the techniques. In this video, he's working on 'irimi-nage', where you step in behind your attacker, use their own momentum to swing them around, and then effectively clothesline them. We of course practice it in a very slow mild form.

Taiga has recently decided to join us, and you can see him in the background working on his falling technique. In aikido, you have to learn how to fall before you can start to learn anything else.

Now we just have to work on getting Daddy into the dojo!

1 comment:

Nakamuras on Saipan said...

Great Fun! I take my grandson to Kendo and he has a blast....!! I added you to my blogs I'm following....